When the technician arrives for your air conditioner service appointment, they will perform a variety of tasks and check on many different aspects of your unit. It is important to have your air conditioner serviced because the technician may find a small, usually unnoticeable problem that could turn into a big problem later. Check out our recent blog post which highlights the three major reasons to service your air conditioner HERE. We have outlined the steps the technician will take when we arrive for your air conditioner service appointment for your knowledge and reference.
- Check and replace thermostat batteries.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Clean and clear the evaporator condensate drain.
- Check the furnace fan to see if the blower wheel is plugged.
- Check the condenser coil (with water – chemicals are not manufacturer approved) for dirt or any other obstruction.
- Check and record whether the condenser is damaged with rust, oil stains, or deterioration to the coil fin.
- Check the contactor for pits, melting, or an insect infestation.
- Check the capacitor and replace if it tests low MFD or is swollen.
- Check the wiring for burns, thinning, or other general issues.
- Connect the gauges on the unit and record the resting pressures.
- Test run the unit and record the operating pressures.
- Check and record the super-heat and sub-cooling settings.
- If there is a leak, we will give the option of either replacing the system or checking the leak to see if it can be fixed and refilled.
- After the unit has been operating, check the condenser motor fan bearing temperatures.
- Check and record the vent discharge temperatures.
As you have read above, there are many steps we will take when we arrive for your air conditioner service appointment. The technician will perform each of these tasks carefully and efficiently to make sure your unit runs smoothly and doesn’t contain any problems. Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions as we are servicing your unit. If you would like to know more about individual steps or the overall process that goes into servicing your air conditioner, please do not hesitate to call us at 574-233-9774.