When the technician arrives for your furnace service appointment, he will perform a variety of tasks and check on many different aspects of your unit. It is important to have your furnace serviced to ensure efficient warm air, a safe home environment, and to reduce your energy bill. We have outlined the steps the technician will take when we arrive for your furnace service appointment for your knowledge and reference. Niezgodski Plumbing performs work in South Bend, IN, Mishawaka, IN, and New Carlisle, IN.
Furnace Service Appointment Steps
- Check and replace thermostat batteries
- Check and replace air filter
- On 90% efficiency furnaces: clean and clear secondary heat exchange condensate drain.
- Clean air switch tubing and flame rod
- Check for any loose or worn wiring,
- Check for burn marks on board
- Check fan for dirt
- Check heat exchanger for cracks, holes, and rust.
- If the furnace has air conditioning, check the evaporator for dirt and blockages and clean as needed
- Check for gas leaks
- Vacuum out and clean the entire unit
- Test run the unit and check the board for error codes and check bearing temperatures
- Check flame rectification against manufacturer recommendations
- Record vent charge temperatures
There are many steps we will take when we arrive for your furnace service appointment. The technician will perform each of these tasks carefully and efficiently to make sure your unit runs smoothly and doesn’t contain any problems. Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions as we are servicing your unit. If you would like to know more about individual steps or the overall process that goes into servicing your furnace, please do not hesitate to call us at 574-233-9774. Niezgodski Plumbing is located in South Bend, IN.