No one wants to pay hard earned money for an unforeseen plumbing problem. Plumbing problems can lead to expensive repairs and replacements. We at Niezgodski Plumbing have put together a list of 10 plumbing tips to help you save money now and in the long run.
10 Plumbing Tips to Save You Money
- Check for Leaky Faucets and Consider Replacing Outdated Faucets
- Your faucets make your sink fit within the theme of your home and pull the look of your kitchen together, but they also control how much water is used and adjust water flow. It is possible to buy faucets that reduce your water flow, therefore reducing your bill.
- Check for Hidden Toilet Leaks
- A secret leaky toilet can rack up your water bill each month. Here is a pro tip: Put food coloring in the tank - if you check the toilet bowl in a couple minutes and there is food coloring in it, this is a sure sign that water is leaking through the tank into the bowl. If you think you have a leak and you live in South Bend, IN, Mishawaka, IN or New Carlisle, IN – give Niezgodski Plumbing a call and we will help diagnose and fix your problem.
- Make sure your toilet is flushing properly.
- If you need to wiggle the handle or push down hard, you may need to replace some parts in your toilet. Replacing these parts can help save you money in the long run.
- Pour Water into drains you don’t use often.
- If they drain slow, the drain needs to be cleaned. Check out our blog post, ”Plumbing Problems: Four Solutions To Try Before Calling a Plumber,” for some DIY solutions that may help you. If you still need a plumber after trying on your own, be sure to call Niezgodski Plumbing at 574-233-9774. We proudly serve South Bend, IN, Mishawaka, IN, and New Carlisle, IN.
- Clean drains, downspouts, and gutters of debris.
- Drains, downspouts, and gutters that have debris in them could cause issues, including drainage issues
- Check exposed pipes for leaks.
- If you catch it early, it will be cheaper.
- Examine your water meter.
- If your water meter is turning as if water is running through, but no water is running in your home, you may have a leak. Getting this fixed can help lower your water bill.
- Check for drips around pipes.
- A loose valve or a cracked pipe may leave a small amount of water residue right by the leak. Having this inspected can help you avoid mold accumulating, the leak getting worse, or eventual damaged drywall or carpet.
- Have your sewer line inspected.
- Inspecting your sewer line to make sure there are no clogs will help you catch any problems early, save on water costs, and save on more serious repairs that you avoided. Check out our blog post, "Sewer Problems: Three Ways to Avoid Them" for more information on common sewer problems and solutions.
- Make sure your drains are fitted with drain strainers.
- A drain strainer will catch any debris which may clog your drain.
If you try these tips and find that you have a plumbing problem, Niezgodski Plumbing can help! We serve South Bend, Mishawaka, and New Carlisle in Indiana. Call us at 574-233-9774.